Accountants | Banks | Financial | Insurance | Legal | Mortgage | Real Estate | Software & ITDiscover
The Halton Hills Public Library provides free access to best-selling books, eBooks and eReaders, newly released DVDs, CDs and more.
Our professionally-trained staff are online experts who take the search for information beyond Google. Every week, approximately 2,220 people come through the Library’s doors to enjoy our services, programs and collections, in addition to the more than 3,000 who visit through our website.
The Congregational Church, constructed in 1854 by its members, is a fine example of Victorian Gothic. By 1915, the congregation fell in numbers and the building was given to the Town to serve as the new library. The Library occupied the upper and lower floors of the Church until 1981, when a large addition was erected in the south west corner. The Library relocated to the new space, leaving the top floor of the Church to serve as an Art Gallery. At the same time, the building expanded to include a 267 seat community theatre.
The John Elliott Theatre and Art Gallery became collectively known as the Cultural Centre, operated by the Recreation and Parks Department of the Town. The Church part of the building remains designated due to its historical value. Plans are now underway to enlarge and extensively renovate the Georgetown Branch Library and the shared lobby. In addition, there will be a number of upgrades to the Theatre and Art Gallery. For more information, please contact Jane Diamanti, Director of Library Services at 905-873-2681 Ext. 2501.