An Seomra Beag – drop by and stay a wee while! Lynn Ruggle has opened The Wee Irish Shop on the second floor of the Shepherd’s Crook.
In 1850, Joseph Pratt sold his land to a young entrepreneur, James Young. In 1878, Young in turn sold part of the lot (#3 on the Young & Barber Survey) to William McLeod and part to Dugald Reid. The Reid property may have included a building as it was purchased at a substantially higher price. McLeod purchased the adjoining lot from Young in 1880. Reid, a former employee of Young’s who now ran a hardware store down the street erected the present building as the new premises for his business in 1879.